- Status and condition of property on this day determines the property's values for the upcoming assessment year.
- Ownership and residence as of this date determines eligibility for homestead exemption applicants.
- Automatic exemption renewals and agricultural classification notices are mailed to property owners.
January 1 through April 1
- Filing of tangible personal property (TPP) returns for all Florida businesses.
- Filing deadline for homestead exemption and other personal exemptions.
- Filing deadline for classified use properties.
- Filing deadline for agricultural classification.
- Filing deadline for organizational exemptions.
- Deadline for filing tangible personal property (TPP) returns for all Florida businesses.
Mid August to early September
- Truth in Millage (TRIM) Notices are mailed to all property owners detailing the proposed assessments, exemptions, millage rates and tax amounts. Included on the TRIMs are public hearing dates for discussion of millage rates.
Notice of Proposed Taxes
- Property owners who wish to discuss or appeal the information appearing on the TRIM notices need to contact the Property Appraiser's Office or file an appeal with the Property Value Adjustment Board within 25 days of the mailing of notices. The deadline for appealing is printed on the notices.
- Tax bills are mailed by the Tax Collector's Office to all property owners.